Welcome to Shelby.tv (the “Site”), which is operated by Shelby TV, Inc. (“Shelby.tv”, “we,” “us,” “our”). What is Shelby.tv? Shelby.tv is a [a one-stop-shop for all your online video pleasure. We know that you, like many people, may be inundated with a steady flow of video sharing throughout the day, but don't actually have the opportunity to watch everything you get, or have the patience to sort through it later. Shelby.tv's goal is to make it less difficult to enjoy online video. We pull in video links from your third party social networking accounts (such as Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter) that you choose to link to Shelby.tv in order to create a customized channel filled with videos your friends think are worth watching[a].]
- Information We Collect About You.
- Information You Provide to Us. We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. For example, in providing the Service, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Personally Identifiable Information. At your election you may register and create an account with Shelby.tv, thereby gaining access to specific aspects of the Service. If you do, our registration process may require you to specify a username and password, and to provide your name, email address and certain additional information[b]. In order to obtain certain aspects of the Service, you may also elect to provide access information related to your Third Party Accounts at social networking sites such as, Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter.
- Information Collected Automatically. We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on the Service.
- Information collected automatically from your browser. We automatically collect information from your browser when you use the Service. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Information Collected by Third Parties. Third Party Websites that you choose to link your Shelby.tv account to may also collect information that we are not aware of. You should consult their applicable terms of service and privacy policies for more information on their data collection practices.
- How We Use the Information We Collect. We will never sell your Personal Information and, except as set forth below, will never share your Personal Information with any third parties.
- Internal Use. Shelby.tv uses Personal Information to deliver certain aspects of the Service to you, to contact you when necessary, to respond to your inquiries for additional information, to provide you with additional information according to your preferences, and for Shelby.tv’s other business purposes. Sometimes Personal Information may be used to send you information about services, forums and other information and services that are available at the Site or other websites. At your election at any time ("opt-out"), you may choose to stop receiving future communications from Shelby.tv http://shelby.tv/#!/settings. We use your information from your Third Party Accounts only for the purpose of providing the Service to you, and will not otherwise attempt to obtain information from (or post information using) such accounts.
- External Use.
- Agents. We may employ third parties to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your Personal Information with them to provide certain products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- Business Transfers. We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Personal Information.
- Account Settings. You can choose not to provide us with certain information or can elect not to share any of your Personal Information by visiting your account settings in your Third Party Accounts. Please note that these account sharing restrictions may result in you being unable to use some or all features of the Service.
- Account Deletion. If you close your account, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of the Service or our users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law. Further, because of the complexities of the technology involved, we cannot guarantee total or irrevocable deletion of your account information, and we cannot provide you with any specific timelines for deletion.
- How We Protect Your Personal Information.
- Security Measures. We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and third parties who have agreed to be bound by confidentiality restrictions, such as consultants, may be permitted to access Personal Information, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes. In addition, we use SSL encryption in the transmission of your sensitive Personal Information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Information.
- Passwords. Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a Third Party Website, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that Third Party Website. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
- Precautions. We want you to feel confident using the Service and endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records. However, no system can be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure e-mail.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service.
- Questions or Concerns. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail as follows:
Shelby TV, Inc.
110 E 23rd St
New York, NY 10010
Effective Date: October 24, 2011