A Guide to Surviving the iOS Blackout -or- Stop Panicking, Jeez
While we finish rebuilding Shelby from the ground up, the iOS app is going dark. We haven’t made this decision lightly, and we believe it’s the right one. You need not fear! We’ll get through this, together.
How will I ever survive?
- Don’t panic. The red-faced-breathing-into-a-paper-bag look doesn’t become you.
- Leave the Shelby app installed. You won’t have to uninstall/reinstall anything. When the new build is ready, we’ll deploy it as an update.
- Request early access. Leave your email at gt.shelby.tv with the code “WANT”. This will let us know you’re eager to see what’s new, and we’ll prioritize your invitation.
Why don’t you just leave the current version running?
Running one version while building another is actually quite taxing given all of the back-end processing that we have to monitor and maintain. Furthermore, this is no small update. We’ve reimagined everything.
What’s so great about “new” Shelby?
We take user feedback very seriously, and the new version of Shelby is the result of the fantastic comments and recommendations we’ve been receiving over the past year. We want the exciting new features to be a surprise, but you can expect:
- Speed. Playback is faster than ever.
- Discovery. Better processing power means more videos.
- Community. More ways to connect, share, and curate.
Can I still watch Shelby on the web?
When the iOS apps go dark, so will the web app. The Chrome Extension, bookmarklet, and weekly emails will also be shut off. (If it’s important to you that we migrate your Likes and Watch Later videos to new Shelby, please write to email@example.com.)
We really appreciate your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us @Shelby or on email.